Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Wise Wednesday + An update

This is exactly how I am feeling today!

I started my three days a week at Alice Smith School and CRAP-A-DACTAL, this working/studying full time is going to be a little more effort than I thought. The reason why I am only doing 3 days and not 5 is because initially I thought 2 full days at home working on uni work, and then the 2 free periods I have asked for during my school day, should be enough. 

EEEEEEER, I couldn't be more wrong! I find that those two periods a day blitz by and I can hardly sit down to do some Uni work before the bell goes. Did you know that after prison, the school environment is the most monitored and structured? Heck. No wonder I hated the place! 

But its so fantastic! I love it. I love the subject of Geography, it is so relevant! I am slowly being intergrated into the lessons, so am observing for now, and doing some assistant jobs like handing out white boards, in group work I walk around making sure everyone understands. I find myself wanting to do the task. Today the year 7's were looking at Pros and Cons of Tourism in Maasai Mara... I found myself putting up my hand to contribute... um, thats awkward! Also I am getting annoyed when children do not take my brilliant input, like for example, the Year 9s are doing adaptations, one kid was struggling to choose an animal to do a poster on, I suggested a camel (you know, long eye lashes, fat humps... perfect animal to do in terms of how its adapted), do you think the kid wanted to do it... NO. He did a wolf. LAME. So I need to work on a few things, that is clear. 

All in all its been a good few days at school, but now I am super behind with Uni work. Lets hope I find my groove sooner rather than later, otherwise I'll be doing this over 2 years or my husband is going to be hauled in to do my assignments. At least I know I'll get HD's for those! Actually, not a bad plan...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, cool post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will probably be subscribing to your blog. Keep up great writing!!!
    1987 Mazda 626 AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete