Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

Time to get started

For the last 2 weeks its felt like a holiday, its only just starting to sink in that this beautiful place we now live, is a permanent thing. Our surroundings make me feel like I am in a resort. The pool, the gym facilities, the shopping, the playing house, the lush green surroundings... its all been so surreal. Because my mind thinks I am on some sort of getaway, I have been in that mode. Lazy sleep ins, late breakfasts of pancakes and bacon, reading, lounging by the pool... watching tv series. I have not really felt like going out, sure, done the ABW outings, but wont do more than that. I find myself turning down coffee dates, lunches and trips to the nail salon... just because I want to be here, in our house.

The last year or two have been huge for us. Dating > Sold a house > Changed jobs > Engaged > Bought a House > Changed Jobs Again > Married > Renovated a House > Changed jobs > Moved country. Its been awesome. Its been fun. Its been challegening. Its been tiring. As a result, I find myself really battling to get into a good routine. The last couple weeks have been lazy ones for me [pretty sure my husbands tale will be different!] and its starting to show... not only in my waistline, but this morning I woke up with a zit the size of Switzerland on my nose :-/. I seem to be super happy to sit inside and watch The Good Wife and breaking it up with swims, reading and eating. My day revolved around food, and not the healthy type [hence the zit!].

So from today [or tomorrow] I am going to get a routine. If I don't I am endangered of becoming one of those morbidly obese people who watch Ricki Lake and order in XXL pizza with 10 litres of diet soda.

The goal is to be kinder to my body - not eat so much rice and drink as much beer. Increase my intake of fruit and vegetables, drink more water. Go to the gym... really, its only 2 floors down from my front door... and not say no to hanging out with people!

No more holiday mode for this Buma.

1 comment: