Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Holes in the Wall = Home

My husband, always safety aware - goggles and ear plugs to plot a point on the wall {tease}

We have been here a month! How crazy it that?

Ever since Nate hung up our pictures its now very much starting to feel like a home. There is something permanent about a couple of a holes in the wall. Its a mark of ownership! We don't really know if we can actually drill holes in the wall - we did not speak to the owner. We have a 24 month lease in this place and since our renovation, Nate has become extraordinary at patching walls, so I kinda feel okay about doing it. We don't think we have rent inspection? We will find soon find out.

We have loads of more art works to acquire. There are some big open walls in this condo to fill - I am trying to establish what mode of expression and form I like. Right now its all about photographs. I heard that its because I am a novice to this whole experience.

I am also super stoaked to report we now have a Garmin Nuvi 2565 GPS! I tell you, many a eff bombs have been dropped whilst I am driving... I am so so sick of getting lost and totally confused by junctions like this:


Its really been an art having to self navigate with my iPhone map, which keeps recalculating the bloody routine at the most inconvenient time. The iPhone will say take left, and 20m into that left the road splits into another 3 options of straight, left and right - I will look down at my phone to see where to go and surprise surprise either is recalculating the route or the 3G has dropped out. Chuck in 1.2 million youths on their motorcycles who may pass your car on either side, with heads bowed, jacket on back to front (?) and little engines screaming away, usually with inches of your car. Dear Lord! Its enough to unnerve even the most hardcore navigator!

Having the GPS with Daniel's soothing voice to guide me through the spaghetti junctions is just pure bliss. I even get a 3D picture of the junctions with a nice clear purple route marked out for me to follow. Its all just so pleasant. And it means I can 100% focus on the road and my surrounds.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds a way more pleasant way to travel Ruth..... Good to see pictures going up.. it makes a home :-)Love M XXOO

    ReplyDelete