Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

iPhone 4 vs SRL

We use our iPhones to take photos A LOT. For me, its because I am still not 100% sure how our SLR works! With the iPhone there are great apps to disguise just how bad the photo is - its great.

In KL, the advise has been to keep your handbag close to your body, preferably with the strap across your body... bag snatchers are on the prowl for oblivious victims. I already have one hand back to worry about, why the heck do I want another bag (SLR camera bag) to protect too? I dislike how heavy it is, and I dislike having to clutch onto two things... its just means I have another thing to loose or leave behind at a store.

I hauled our SLR camera out last night, blew the dust off the case and turned it on for the first time in ages. I started looked through the photos we have taken over the past few months. There is just something about a the photos, even though they are by know means professional, that I like. The clarity, the light?, the sharpness. Dont get my wrong, iPhone cameras are the bomb-diggi, but there is just something about the SLR. I have decided to do a course. I haven't actually found one yet, I will. I would like to know how to use this thing to its full potential. I would like to buy better lenses and really get into it. Still have the extra bag problem though... maybe if I got one of these... it would inspire me to take it out!

Here are some photos from the last few months:

Pink Ribbon High Tea - C3 Church Crawley
Phil Pringle Gallery Opening
Phill Pringle Gallery Opening
Victoria
Victoria
Victoria
Victoria
YA Retreat
John and Danielle Pearce
Christmas Dinner at Stock Road
Christmas Dinner at Stock Road

Yallingup
Yallingup
Yallingup

The goal is to use the SLR more. And do the course. And get lenses. And maybe that cool bag [will have to see what the minister of war and finance says first though]! 



No comments:

Post a Comment