Pages

Monday 20 February 2012

Singapore

Wow. The last 13 days have been insane. As I mentioned, with Zach being here, a bit of travel has been done. When we stumbled through the door this morning at 2.03am I was very happy to be home. I love travelling, and its a privilege, but there is not place like home.

Singapore was great. Nate has a hilarious post that he is working on! So I won't share too much about the weekend when both Zach and him were there.




I stayed an extra three days to spend time with Verne, Rach and Timi, who live in Singapore. It just so happened that the Jann twins were visiting, so it was the perfect time to hop over the boarder and have a catchup.

The Jann family are our (The Birds) oldest friends. The 6 Jann kids and the 4 Bird kids are practically siblings. They live in Switzerland now, so its rare that we get to catch up. Rach is married with the cutest little boy and another one on the way - so it was so wonderful to get to know Timi and of course the great man she is married to, Verne.



The twins, well they have not changed a bit. My time in Singapore was hanging out with them. It was such an awesome time and I am so lucky to have such old friends in my life. I love that they know me, they know my family, how we all work - even though we don't see each other much, when we do, its like picking up where we left off. Its so so good.


Benji was there from Friday to Monday and then Luki was there from Monday to Friday, so I got to spend time with them individually and have one precious day of them together. We shopped, ate, visited the zoo, played board games, chatted, laughed... it was such a great time.


As an aside, the Singapore Zoo is the freaking bomb diggi. I usually hate zoo's because of the manki enclosures... this place. You wouldn't know you are in one.









Rach is SO preggers - we had to get her a wheel chair (she hated it)


No comments:

Post a Comment