Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Hong Kong



I realise our Hong Kong trip as last weekend. USQ has got me by the balls at the moment... that is a post in itself! 

We had a great time in Hong Kong! Nate got us the best hotel, about 50 billion steps up from the rat hole of a place we were in at Terrenganu. Phew. 

One of the benefits of having Zac around is that he seems to research the places we go. He gets information I would never think of getting like, the avg price of a taxi, beer, night clubs, meals... he also found out that the avg temp was going to be between 16 and 18 degrees! He mentioned this as soon as I had finished packing our suitcases full of shorts, tees and flip flops and we were about to walk out the door. "oh well, how cold is 18? not cold enough for closed shoes and a scarf" - I through in a pair of jeans, one thin long sleeve, and a very light cardy. Did the same for Nate and we were off! 

Can I just say that I wore ONE outfit for three days which included all my clothes at the same time. I think at one stage I had three tank tops on under the thin long sleeve and ridiculously unpractical cardy. I layered up in a huge way.  It was SO COLD! We have clearly become accustomed to the sticky 31 degrees that KL gives us every day along with her steamy thunderstorms and were so not prepared for a chilly breeze and bomber jacket temperatures! 


I was kind of bummed to be honest. I really miss wearing jeans, boots, scarves... winter is such a fashionable season. KL gets down to a whooping 28 degrees for winter. So it would have been the perfect chance to air my winter wardrobe which I lugged over here (for what reason I am still trying to understand!). 

The highlight of the trip was going up the Peak Tram to Madame Tussauds. The wax figures were pretty cool.

Zac getting his mac on with Elle

I loved this woman

HOLLA!

Nate is my Einstein 

Oh Jack <3

That one TALL asian dude 

Wow. Zac going Gaga
Shopping is probably the only reason why I would go back there! It was really cheap. Zac and Nate said that the rides at Disney weren't all that and didn't give you that "feeling" as Zac puts it (Lord knows what feel that is... he needs a woman). *teasing Zacci*

It was great to see another place, being there with Nate was definitely the best experience I have ever had in Hong Kong. Traveling with the one you adore just makes it all the more dreamy. Really privileged to be over here doing all these exciting things. God is mega faithful. 



2 comments:

  1. Still laughing... great update.... loved them all but the last picture of you and Nathanael is beautiful.... Love to you both... I think Zac has left now... actually I'm looking forward to chatting with him.. Love M XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, love this post! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete