Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

No Seasons

Perth. It still seems to be rather hot - going on it's inhabitants FaceBook status updates. But then I flick through the albums of friends and I see hoodies, beanies and jeans. I take it Perth has had a few fresh days? I read Lou's post about how cold it is in Sale and it makes my 'missing-the-seasons' feeling worse. How I long for a cool day, where I am not sweating in my singlet and shorts.

There are no seasons here. It's hot and humid all year round. I can almost tell you exactly how the day will go. Its 28 degree's in the morning, slowly heats up to around 32, blue skies, sun beating down and humid. As 3pm approaches, the humidity increases, the clouds and lightening come, and boom - downpour. It usually lasts about 2 hours before it clears up and its back to being sticky.



Its always green and always a great day to go to the pool. The lack of variation is killing me! How I long to chuck on a beanie, trackie pants and sip on a hot drink, whilst cuddling up to Nate on the sofa! Winter fashion is my favourite too. Boo. I guess the upside is that I will always be tanned? 



I think tonight, I am going to make soup and crank the aircon as low as it can go. I am going to put on some jeans, a beanie and a scarf and pretend its cold out. Yes. That's a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment