Pages

Thursday 19 July 2012

Rain


It has been really dry over the last month or two which is unusual for this place! In the months prior, a nice thunderstorm was almost expected around 3pm every day, but that has not been the case for June/July. In fact, Nate sent me a newspaper article a couple weeks ago about how some areas are having water restrictions - which seems so ridiculous to me! Clearly this country has no clue about rainwater harvesting or rainwater tanks? I mean come on, it pretty much rains every other day of the year so one would think there would be an idea to potentially "save for a rainy day" ;-) sigh* so typically Malaysian.

I am on school holiday, but Semester 2 started a mere 2 days after school broke up - wicked. And over those two days we had people! Now its back to the assignments, lectures and readings. We leave in 14 days time for France and the UK, and whilst we are away I have assignments due, thus I am trying to get them done before... and so that familiar stress knot in my chest from Semester 1 is back and so are the restless nights.

When my alarm went off this morning, the room was really dark which is unusual. Normally the sunshine is streaming in through the gaps in the curtains, shouting at me to get out of bed and get too it! I thought perhaps my jealous-you-get-to-sleep-past-6am-husband may have played a trick on me and changed the time on my phone... I got out of bed... head rush... and went to open the curtains. I couldn't see the towers. I saw heaps of red brake lights on the already crowded roads... when my eyes came into focus I saw. I opened the windows as wide as they could go, felt the coolness on my face and listened to the heavy shower coming down from the heavens. Water from the sky - what a cool concept.

I sat outside for a while, listening to God water his earth to the low rumble of thunder in the distance. Perspective.
It's a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment